- Polycultural Synthesis in the Music of Chou Wen-chung Arlin, Mary I and Mark Radice, editors. New York. Routledge, 2018.
- Beethoven in China Cai, Jindong and Sheila Melvin, Australia, Penguin Group, 2015.
- Chou Wen-chung: The Life and Work of a Contemporary Chinese-Born American Composer Chang, Peter M., Lanham, MD. Scarecrow Press, 2006.
- Performing for the People: A History of the Central Philharmonic Orchestra in the PRC 1956-1996 Chou, Kwong-chung, Oliver, Hong Kong, Hong Kong University, 2003 (中央樂團是，香港，三聯書店有限公司出版，2009/12出版.)
- To Open Minds: Chinese Clues to the Dilemma of Contemporary Education Gardner, Howard, New York, Basic Books, Inc., Publishers, 1989.
- Respect for Art: Visual Arts Administration and Management in China and the United States Jeffri, Joan and Yu Ding, China, Intellectual Property Publishing House, 2007.
- The Music of Chou Wen-chung Lai, Eric C., Oxfordshire, Ashgate Publishing, 2009.
- Mao’s Last Dancer Li, Cunxin, New York,The Berkley Publishing Group, 2003.
- Confluence: Chou Wen-chung’s Writings on Music Liang, Lei, editor. Shanghai. Shanghai Conservatory of Music Publishing, 2014.
- 蔡良玉回流：周文中音樂文集，梁雷，洛秦，上海，上海音樂學院出版社， 2013.
- Salesman in Beijing Miller, Arthur, New York, The Viking Press, 1984.
- Chinese Encounters Morath, Inge, New York, Farrar, Straus & Giroux, 1984.
Articles by Chou Wen-chung
- Current Policies and New Directions: Summer and Fall 1989 Chou Wen-chung (written August 8, 1989).
- U.S.-China Arts Exchange: A Practice in Search of a Philosophy Chou Wen-chung, International Institute for Comparative Music Studies and Documentation. Wilhelmshaven, Germany. Published by Florian Noetzel Verlag 1989. (Alternate title: Music in the Dialogue of Cultures: Traditional Music and Cultural Policy.)
- Intellectual Climate in China Since the Tiananmen Events Chou Wen-chung, 1995. Published in Center Newsletter, Fall 1995, Vol. 11.
Reports Produced by the Center for US-China Arts Exchange (1977-1989)
- A Report on my Extended Stay in PRC, 1977: Sixteen Days of Marathon Conversations with Musicians and Artists Chou Wen-chung.
- Background on Chinese Arts Exchange Programs Chou Wen-chung, 1978.
- Progress Report Chou Wen-chung, July 1979.
- On China, Briefing on Politics and the Arts (1977-1981) Chou Wen-chung, Presentation prepared for Arts Leaders’ Delegation, April 1981.
- Profile: Center for US-China Arts Exchange Written 1982.
- Program Report (1982-1983) Written November 1983.
Projects in Yunnan Province
- The Weishan Heritage Valley: Recommendations for Preservation and Future Growth Yunnan Provincial Association for Cultural Exchanges with Foreign Countries, Center for US-China Arts Exchange, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (SOM) and Openlands Project. Published by Yunnan University Press, 2002.
- Rapid Biological Inventories: 04, China: Yunnan, Southern Gaoligongshan Stotz, D.F., E.J. Harris, D.K. Moskovitz, K. Hao, S. Yi, and G.W. Adelmann (eds.) 2003. Chicago, Illinois: The Field Museum.
- Weishan-Chinese Old City, book of photographs (Edited by Fan Jianhua with articles by Chou Wen-chung, Gu Bo-ping, Vincent Michael.) Kunming, Yunnan Fine Arts Publishing House, 2006.
- Sustainable Development: Opportunities and Challenges for Yunnan Province Published by the Center for US-China Arts Exchange, 2009.